Are these cold days putting you in the mood for something warm, gooey and chocolatey? If yes, then we have the prefect winter indulgence for you. This sticky pudding should warm you up and put a big chocolatey smile on your face at the same time!
- 100g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 250g golden caster sugar
- 4 medium eggs
- 70g plain flour
- 75ml golden syrup
- 275g Crunchy Salted Almond Share Bag, (you’ll need 2.5 bags, you can nibble on the chocolate that’s left over, win win!)
For the caramel sauce
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- 110g unsalted butter
- 1 level tsp sea salt flakes
- 100ml double cream
- Lightly grease a 20cm baking tin
- Heat the oven to 170°C/150°C fan.
To make the caramel sauce
- Melt the 110g butter, light muscovado sugar and salt in a small pan and simmer gently for around 10 minutes or until it starts to caramelise.
- Remove the pan from the heat, then whisk in the cream carefully, it may spit and sputter a little. Leave to cool for 15 minutes.
To make the pudding
- Melt the 100g butter, golden caster sugar and syrup in a pan gently until all the sugar has dissolved. Increase the heat until the mixture is just at simmering point. Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate, mixing well until all the chocolate has melted.
- Add the eggs, beating quickly with a wooden spoon until smooth
- Add the flour to the pan and mix again until smooth and just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking tin and bake in the oven for 20 minutes. It should still have a little wobble when you take it out of the oven.
- As soon as the pudding comes out of the oven, cover with some of the hot caramel sauce, then leave for 5 minutes.
- Serve with extra double cream or crème fraîche and more hot caramel sauce to drizzle over.