Mega Milk Shortbread Cookies Recipe
2 Jul 2019
Using our rich and indulgent 40% cocoa, Chocolate Mega Milk Drops, these shortbread cookies melt in the mouth! Perfect for sharing with friends or nibbling the lot to yourself (we won’t tell).
- 250g unsalted butter (softened)
- 100g caster sugar
- 250g plain flour
- 125 semolina or cornflour
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 75g chopped Lily O’Brien’s Mega Milk Share Bag Chocolate (you can eat the other 35g!)
- Preheat the oven to 150°C
- Line a 20 cm tin with grease proof paper.
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until soft, light fluffy and pale.
- Fold in the flour and semolina/cornflour slowly with a wooden spoon, add salt, vanilla extract and the chopped Mega Milk Chocolate Drops and stir again until the mixture forms a firm dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently until smooth.
- Press into the lined tin and prick the top all over with a fork
- Bake for 50 minutes until lightly golden.
- Cut into squares, no worries if they are not even, whilst still hot and in the tin.
- Once cool, lift out carefully.