Enjoy delicious homemade chocolate-glazed donuts using our super tasty, super easy to follow recipe, and wow your family and friends with your first-class donut making skills. This recipe is a little more cake-like, as it doesn't contain yeast, which gives the donuts a lovely fluffy texture.
- 55g butter
- 125ml milk
- 2 tbsp oil plus extra for deep frying
- 250g plain flour
- 100g sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
Chocolate glaze ingredients
- 90g Lily O’Brien’s Mega Milk Chocolate
- 30g unsalted butter
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp water
- Sprinkles (optional)
- Melt the butter in the microwave, once melted add the milk and oil and stir until combined then set aside.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a separate bowl and stir in the sugar and salt.
- Make a well in the centre and pour in the melted butter mixture. Mix thoroughly with a spoon until combined. Add a tablespoon more flour if the mixture is feeling too sticky.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and press out to around 12mm in thickness and cut out circles of dough using a cookie cutter.
- In a deep frying pan or pot, heat up the oil to deep fry the donuts. Fry a little bit of dough in the oil first to make sure it's hot enough – you will know when the oil is ready when the dough turns golden brown and floats to the top. Carefully drop the donuts into the oil and leave the donuts to fry for around 3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- Line a plate with paper towels and transfer your finished donuts here.
- Glaze the donuts while still warm.
Make the glaze
- For the chocolate glaze, break the chocolate into smaller pieces and place this along with the butter, honey and water into a medium bowl. Melt in 20 second increments in the microwave, stirring in between, until completely melted and smooth.
- Dip the tops of the donuts into the chocolate glaze and then cover with sprinkles if using. Leave the donuts to cool for 20 minutes until the glaze is set, and enjoy preferably the same day.
Take a peek at our other recipes for some delicious Lily O'Brien's recipe inspiration!